Well hello there, my makeup-loving friends!
I'm so excited to share this makeup look with all of you today. For one, I got to play around with more products from Mary Kay® (who is the official beauty sponsor of Project Runway), and second, the look I created is absolutely perfect for summer!
Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist, Luis Casco, created two fabulous looks that were featured on Project Runway: the Sculpted Look (all about brows and lips) and Bronze Glow (all about eyes and cheeks). I got the chance to pick which look I wanted to try, and I immediately went for the Bronze Glow look!
I chose Bronze Glow because it's effortless, perfect for hot summer days and easy for a mama of two. Who doesn't love a nice summer glow, right?
The Sculpted Look is absolutely gorgeous--it's all about the brows and lips and is perfect for a night out on the town! You can check out more inspiration and videos on the Mary Kay® Project Runway page.
These are the Mary Kay® products I used to create my Bronze Glow look:
1. Mary Kay Powder Brush
2. Mary Kay Bronzing Powder-Light/Medium
3. Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color Duo- Spiced Poppy
4. Mary Kay Cheek Brush
5. Mary Kay Eye Color Brush
6. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color- Amber Glaze
7. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color- Gold Coast
8. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color Precious Pink
9. Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner- Jet Black
10. Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara- Black
11. Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss- Beach Bronze
Here is my version of the Bronze Glow makeup look:
Creating this effortless bronze glow look was so easy! The fact that it was super quick is a HUGE bonus!
Here's what I did to go from pale faced to bronzed "I just got back from vacation" face:
FOR THE FACE:
1. I took the Powder Brush and Bronzing Powder and buffed it in to the areas of my face the sun would naturally hit: cheeks, forehead, bridge of nose and chin. I was very liberal with the amount I applied and quickly realized you cannot overdo it with this bronzer, which is great! It also has this slight sheen to it that creates the most beautiful sun kissed look.
2. I applied the Mineral Cheek Duo in Spiced Poppy (whoa look at that color!) very lightly with the Cheek Brush, using very minimal product and a patting motion. I always pat on my blush instead of swipe; I find it creates a more natural look and you avoid having such a harsh blush line. I applied this blush to only the apples of my cheeks. Can I just say this blush color is my new summer fave!
This blush duo comes with a highlighter that I gently dabbed to the bridge of my nose and top of cheekbones for an even added sun kissed glow.
FOR THE EYES:
1. Using the Eye Color Brush, I applied Amber Glaze to my lids and crease, Precious Pink to my crease blending it in with Amber Glaze, and Gold coast as a highlight on the brow bone and tear duct.
I also applied Amber Glaze to the bottom lash line to lend the bronze glow look all around the eyes.
2. I finished off my eye look with a very thin line of Jet Black Gel Eyeliner on the top lash line and two coats of Lash Love Lengthening Mascara. I love how this mascara lengthens my eyelashes without making them look bulky or feel heavy.
FOR THE LIPS:
I applied the NouriShine Lip Gloss in Beach Bronze to complete my Bronze Glow look!
This lip gloss has a gorgeous shimmer that catches the light just perfectly! My lips will definitely be rocking this lip gloss all summer!
I had so much fun playing with these Mary Kay® makeup products and creating my rendition of the Bronze Glow makeup look!