Who's ready for Spring? I sure am! We finally got a few sunny days and I soaked them all up outdoors. It had been gloomy and hazy for what seemed like an eternity so I was
ready desperate for some sunshine!
Any-who...moving on to today's super feminine and super fabulous DIY.
It was inspired by my need for some earring organization. I had already organized my necklaces and bracelets with this DIY Necklace & Bracelet Organizer and this Tiered Jewelry Tray I made before that.
But my earrings were still just thrown into a small bowl. Was is pretty? Yes. Was it functional? Not even close. It was getting quite annoying picking out my earrings in that cute little bowl.
So I got my little wheels turning (which just means remembering jewelry organizers I've pinned on Pinterest) and decided to make these Feminine DIY Earring Holder Displays.
Are they cute or what?
I framed both with some old frames I had stored up. I spray painted one gold because gold is fabulous. Period. And the other a light aqua blue to bring in a little Spring to my bedside space. It's such a happy color!
Here is what my supplies looked like after the spray painting was finished:
And this is the hardware cloth I used:
The piece of wire I used for my earring display was actually a scrap from some DIY wire baskets I'm working on. You want to wear gloves when cutting this baby, trust me.
I used thumbtacks to "nail" the wire onto the back of the frame (the backside is still it's old color- too lazy to spray paint parts that won't be seen).
Both of these DIY Earring Holder Displays really are so easy to make, not to mention they are such a pretty way to display your earrings.
Decor + functionality = Fabulousness- yeah, I now that's not a word but it is in my dictionary.
The wire earring display is perfect for your dangly hook earrings. You just hook them on and hook them off!
The cork board earring display is perfect for studs that require a back piece to hold in place. I actually kept all the back pieces to my stud earrings in a nearby bowl so I wouldn't have to mess with that when taking earrings on and off my display. It just makes it so much easier. Can you tell I'm all for easy?
I'm so happy with how these displays turned out! They not only organize my earrings but also make for some pretty decor!
I love how they look on my nightstand and the touch of color makes my space extra happy!
Method 2: Making Earring Holders at Home
If you want another way of making a simple earring holder at home, there is a more common method to make this project at home.
Since this is usually a fun and creative way to organize your jewelry while also adding a personal touch to your decor, you are free to customize and make changes to the materials needed and other decor options.
Here are some needed materials to get you started:
Materials You'll Need
- A wooden frame or canvas
- A piece of fabric or lace
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Ribbon or twine
- Decorative hooks
Step 1: Choose your frame or canvas. You can either buy a plain wooden frame or a blank canvas from a craft store, or you can upcycle an old picture frame.
Step 2: Cut your fabric or lace to fit the size of your frame or canvas. You can choose any fabric or lace that you like, but make sure it's thin enough to fit into the frame or canvas.
Step 3: Use a hot glue gun to attach the fabric or lace to the back of your frame or canvas.
Step 4: Cut a piece of ribbon or twine to fit across the middle of your frame or canvas. Use the hot glue gun to attach the ribbon or twine to the back of the frame or canvas, leaving enough slack for your earrings to hang.
Step 5: Attach decorative hooks to the ribbon or twine. You can choose any style of hook that you like, but make sure they're sturdy enough to hold your earrings.
Step 6: Hang your DIY earring holder on the wall and start organizing your earrings! You can add additional hooks or embellishments as desired.
Tips to Have in Mind
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making your DIY earring holder:
- Choose the right size: Make sure the size of your frame or canvas is appropriate for the amount of earrings you have. If you have a lot of earrings, you may need a larger frame or canvas.
- Consider the weight of your earrings: If you have heavy earrings, make sure the hooks and ribbon/twine you choose are strong enough to hold them securely.
- Use a backing material: If your fabric or lace is too thin, it might be difficult for your earrings to stay in place. You can use a thicker backing material like foam board or cardboard to provide more stability.
- Arrange your earrings strategically: Consider arranging your earrings in a way that makes them easy to find and access. You can separate them by color, style, or size.
- Add some personal touches: You can add some personal touches to your earring holder by using decorative hooks, adding embellishments, or painting the frame or canvas a color that matches your decor.
- Make sure it's easily accessible: Hang your DIY earring holder in a place where you can easily access it, such as near your dresser or in your bathroom.
I hope these steps help you make a beautiful and functional DIY earring holder! Let me know if you have any other questions.
What's your favorite way to display your jewelry? Would these earring displays be something you rock in your bedroom?