Okay, so who else is totally in love with the mason jar soap dispensers that have been circling the web for quite a while? Don't blame ya! They're adorable and add the perfect farmhouse touch to any kitchen!
I've even seen these babies in some online home stores for $25 a pop! But, did I pay $25 for mine? Nope. I actually paid $0 because I already had everything I needed to create my own mason jar soap dispenser!
If you want to make your own, here's what you need:
- Mason jar with lid (or any glass jar you like- mine is a Classico spaghetti sauce jar)
- Soap or lotion pump (you can even use plastic ones!)
- Super glue
- A Drill
- Spray paint color of your choice
How to Make DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
- Spray paint your lid and soap pump in whatever color you fancy (I painted mine a glossy black)
- Drill a hole on the mason jar lid big enough for your soap pump to be inserted
- Glue the rim of the soap pump to the lid so it doesn't go anywhere (I actually didn't have to do this since it was such a tight fit)
- Fill your bottle with your favorite hand soap, dish soap or lotion and enjoy!
Here's what mine looked like before I spray painted the lid and pump.
My soap pump is a little short for this jar so I will eventually have to insert a straw into it. That, or always keep if filled!
I love the fact that these $2 Classico spaghetti sauce jars are mason jars!
They even have ounces marked on two of the sides!
It's been a couple of weeks since I made this and I am so loving it! I'm even thinking of making a smaller one to hold my lotion.
What do you think? Is this something you'd like to make, or are you thinking, "Way ahead of you, Selene. I already have mine on my kitchen counter!"