Hi friends! I'm beyond excited to have Katelyn from Learning Creating Living over today to share with you this fun DIY! Katelyn is definitely one of the most creative blogger friends I have! Her stuff rocks!
Take it away, Katelyn!
Hello! I'm Katelyn & I blog over at Learning Creating Living. I'm beyond excited to be guest post swapping with Selene (be sure to see what she's up to on my blog!). She's a dear friend of mine & I just love everything she does & shares on her lovely blog.
On LCL I share diy's, easy & inexpensive crafts, recipes & everyday home inspiration. I love sharing new diy's I actually accomplish (usually with a few frustrating tries in between) & making my house a home on a budget.
Today I'm going to be sharing a fun & inexpensive diy craft for a birthday or any occasion really, a diy mini balloon bouquet, enjoy!
Making a DIY mini balloon bouquet is always a fun and creative way to add some festive decoration to any occasion to your house. If you are looking for some ideas, here are a couple suggestion to make a mini balloon bouquet:
- Color-coordinated balloons: Choose balloons in colors that match the theme or decor of your event. Mix and match different shades of the same color to create a cohesive look.
- Metallic balloons: Add some shine and glamour to your bouquet by using metallic balloons. Gold, silver, and rose gold are great choices.
- Confetti balloons: For a playful touch, fill clear balloons with confetti before inflating them. The confetti will swirl around inside the balloons and create a fun and festive effect.
- Balloon letters or numbers: Spell out a message or age with balloon letters or numbers. These come in a variety of colors and sizes and can be used to personalize your bouquet.
- Printed balloons: Look for balloons with fun prints or designs. For example, you could use balloons with polka dots, stripes, or stars.
- Balloon animals: Create mini balloon animals to add a whimsical touch to your bouquet. There are many tutorials online that show you how to make simple balloon animals.
- Balloon tassels: Tie tassels made from tissue paper or ribbon to the bottom of your balloons to add some extra flair.
- Balloon garland: Instead of making a traditional bouquet, create a mini balloon garland by stringing together several balloons of different sizes and colors.
Remember to use a mix of small and large balloons to create visual interest, and vary the height of the balloons in the bouquet to make it more dynamic. Have fun experimenting with different colors, shapes, and textures to create a unique and eye-catching mini balloon bouquet.
Me personally, decided to go for a simple balloon bouquet, with just a few simple tools.
This diy craft was really easy to do! I went to the Dollar Tree & purchased a pack of white balloons & found the green & blue paper straws in the dollar section at Target.
I blew the balloons up to the desired size & then put the bottoms into the straw & taped around it to secure the balloon.
After that, I put them in a jar & added ribbon & a Happy Birthday tag I made. I love the way it turned out, it's so inexpensive & perfect for any fun get togethers or parties!
DIY Balloon Bouquet Tips to Have in Mind
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making a DIY mini balloon bouquet:
- Use high-quality balloons: Cheap balloons may be more prone to popping or deflating, so it's worth investing in good quality balloons for your bouquet.
- Inflate the balloons to the same size: For a uniform and polished look, try to inflate all of the balloons to the same size.
- Use a balloon pump: Inflating balloons by mouth can be tiring and can also introduce moisture into the balloon, which can cause it to deflate faster. Use a balloon pump to make the process easier and more efficient.
- Tie the balloons securely: Make sure to tie each balloon securely with a knot so that it doesn't come undone. If you're using a ribbon or string to tie the balloons together, make sure to knot it tightly as well.
- Vary the heights of the balloons: To make your bouquet more visually interesting, vary the heights of the balloons. Some balloons can be higher than others, and you can also add a balloon weight to the bottom of some balloons to keep them in place.
- Consider using balloon tape: Balloon tape is a special adhesive tape that can be used to attach balloons to one another without the need for tying. This can be a great option if you want to create a specific shape or design with your balloons.
- Don't overfill the bouquet: While you want your bouquet to look full and festive, be careful not to overfill it, as this can make it difficult to transport and can also make it more prone to popping.
By keeping these tips in mind, you should be able to create a beautiful and professional-looking mini balloon bouquet!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest or just stop by to say hi! Thank you Selene for having me on your wonderful blog!
And thank you, Katelyn for coming up with such a unique DIY with us!!