I almost didn't blog about this fabulous rope mirror. For one, the idea is like a gazillion years old in blog-land and secondly, I actually made it in the beginning of the year and forgot about it.
But it's obvious I said, what the heck and just went with it. Because after all, this DIY ROPE MIRROR is absolutely gorgeous.....AND so easy to make!
Seeing that these were well over $200, I decided to make my own version which ended up costing me less than $10 since I always have rope on hand.
1. A round mirror (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
2. Rope (Can be found at Lowes or Home Depot)
3. Hot glue gun with glue sticks
4. Foam board ($1 at the Dollar Tree)
*note: you can opt to use plywood instead of foam board
5. Sawtooth frame hanger
6. A strong binding glue (to glue the mirror to the foam board- you do not want it to fall off!! I used Liquid Nails)
8. A small piece of wood (to insert your sawtooth hanger on)
How to Make Your Rope Mirror
1. Cut your foam board into a circle that is greater in circumference than your mirror. You can use a template such as a bucket but I just eyeballed it. The circumference of your foam board is going to determine how thick the rope portion will be.
2. Glue your mirror directly on the center of your foam board- I used Liquid Nails and let it sit overnight to ensure proper adhesion.
3. Using your hot glue gun, glue your rope around your mirror- this is the part that takes a while, depending on how big your circle is. Just keep going around your mirror until all the foam board is covered.
4. Turn your mirror over and cut out a small rectangular piece from the foam board so you can glue your piece of wood.
5. Once your small piece of wood is glued in that space and has dried, insert your sawtooth hanger.
And now you have a fabulous rope mirror ready to be hanged!!
My favorite part is all the texture!!!
I think the natural rope goes so well with our neutral gray walls in our bathroom but you can always choose to stain your rope for a deeper tone. Or you can spray paint it gold! There's really so many options to personalize your piece!
So, are you tired of the "rope mirror" trend? If so, God bless your for still reading this post!
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow Restoration Beauty to always be updated on all the fabulous that goes on around here!