Are you ready to kiss dry lips goodbye? I sure am!
Every Fall/Winter, I deal with the same dilemma....dry, chapped, not so pretty lips!
Witness these cracked lips for yourself:
This gal loves her lipsticks...but what's the point of wearing those vampy dark shades over wrinkly dry lips?
The results are never pretty...they're quite hideous, actually.
But I know that every Fall/Winter I can turn to my favorite DIY lip scrub!
It's so easy to make!
And best of all you probably already have the only 2 ingredients needed for softer, smoother lips in your kitchen!
Are you ready?
Here we go...
The 2 ingredients needed for this DIY lip scrub are:
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
Pour your ingredients in a small dish like so.
I always eyeball it but it's around 1/8 teaspoon of each.
Mix together with your finger.
Look at the yummy-ness!!!
And scrub, scrub, scrub!
Use circular and straight motions. You want to get in all the crevices.
And don't forget the corners of your mouth!
After your rinse and pat dry your pucker, you will notice and feel the difference..no joke!
Your lips will be pinker, the cracked lines will be diminished and they will feel and look so much softer and supple. And may I dare say....fuller?
Check out my after:
And we can't leave out the side by side comparison, can we?
Best of all, you don't need to apply any lip balm because the olive oil lingers just enough to make them feel moisturized!
But if you're like me and like something on your lips, go for it!
I used my C.O. Bigelow Mentha Supreme Lip Shine from Bath & Body Works to add a little shine.
Say hello to super soft, supple, moisturized, crack-free lips! And on top of softness, there are also several other benefits of a lip scrub:
- Exfoliation: Lip scrubs contain small particles or granules that help to gently exfoliate the lips, removing dead skin cells and revealing smoother, softer lips.
- Hydration: Many lip scrubs contain moisturizing ingredients such as oils, butters, and vitamin E, which can help to hydrate and nourish the lips, leaving them feeling soft and supple.
- Smoothness: By removing dead skin cells, a lip scrub can help to smooth out any rough or uneven patches on the lips, creating a more even surface.
- Enhancing Lip Color: Using a lip scrub before applying lip color can help the color to go on more smoothly and evenly, providing a more polished look.
- Healthier Lips: By removing dead skin cells, a lip scrub can help to prevent chapped, dry lips, and keep them looking healthy and radiant.
Overall, incorporating a lip scrub into your beauty routine can help to keep your lips looking and feeling their best.
And, if you don't like the upper mentioned recipe, you can try this alternative recipe, which is a little bit more complicated, with several extra ingredients:
DIY Lip Scrub Homemade Recipe - Option 2
- 1 Tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and honey until well combined.
2. Add in the coconut oil and stir until you have a thick, grainy paste.
3. Gently apply the lip scrub to your lips using your finger or a soft-bristled toothbrush, using circular motions to exfoliate the lips for about 30 seconds.
4. Rinse off the scrub with warm water and pat your lips dry with a soft towel.
5. Follow up with a lip balm or coconut oil to hydrate and protect your lips.
You can customize this recipe by adding in different ingredients such as cocoa powder for a chocolatey flavor, or essential oils for added fragrance. However, be sure to do a patch test first to make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients.
What are your tips on keeping your kisser soft throughout the Fall/Winter months?