Do you love candles as much as I do? Of course you do! Do you want to know what I love best about a candle? The jar. Yup, its' true. That glass jar that houses that awesome smelling candle you burn daily can be useful even after all your wax melts! Pretty cool, huh?
Today, I will show you the 2 ways I've repurposed my candle jars!
The first is my favorite: As cotton and q-tip holders for the bathroom!
Check out the before & after:
All I did was clean out the jars (demonstrated towards end of this post), added some knobs to the lids and spray painted the knobs and lids with a silver metallic.
Easy enough, right? Ugh...YEAH!!!
The second way I use my candle jars is as a brush holder:
After cleaning the jar, I just filled it with some pebbles to keep my brushes in place! And there's no need to do anything to the lid!
This is the super easy way I remove the wax and clean my jars:
1. When your candle is all out of burning time, put it in the freezer overnight.
2. The next morning, take a butter knife and run it around the edges. The wax should come loose easily; but as you can see this wax in particular was a bit stubborn... I had to dig into the middle section of the wax for it to eventually come loose.
Once you remove all the wax, you will be left with a grimy candle jar that looks like this:
4. But after you clean it with hot water and soap you will have this clean and sparkling beauty:
Tip: If you have stubborn areas that won't give up the wax residue, simply take a cotton ball with some alcohol and rub away! This always does the trick for me!
Now you have a clean jar to repurpose as you see fit!
Other Uses for Candle Jars
- You can store pasta or other dry goods.
- Lipstick/Lipgloss holder (pretty much anything makeup holder)
- You can use the smaller jars to store bobby pins or hair ties.
- Craft storage for buttons, ribbons, pins..
- For storing candy
- Money saving jar
And I'm sure you can think of so many more ways to use these! The possibilities are quite endless!
What items do you like to repurpose?